The TAPS program was created to offers adult consumers of Redwood Coast Regional Center the opportunity to express their creativity in various artistic forms. Finished art projects may, if the artist is interested, be readied by the studio for professional exhibit and sale to the public.
The artists are treated as “artists” not “consumers” or “clients”. They gain self-esteem and confidence as their ideas come to fruition and when their work is appreciated by the general public. This program provides artists individual choice within a creative studio setting.
- The program offers five hour sessions, up to three days per week.
- Various art forms including painting, printmaking, drawing, ceramics, mosaics, clay, photography and eventually performing arts and media arts.
- A primary experienced art teacher as well as many guest artists teaching their specialties.
- The necessary information so artists can make informed choices regarding their earning capabilities with the goal of becoming self sustaining, or, at the very least working towards that goal.
To qualify for TAPS you must:
- Be an adult consumer eligible for services through the Redwood Coast Regional Center.
- Be interested in pursuing your creativity.
- Live in the area of Ukiah, Willits, or Lakeport.
- Be referred by your Redwood Coast Regional Center Consumer Service Coordinator.
- Be willing to explore your creative talents while having fun.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
Your voluntary contributions are greatly appreciated. Checks can be made out to CCMC. If you wish, you can make a notation to indicate which program you would like your contribution to go towards.
1147 North State Street
Ukiah, CA 95482